Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax credits!! am I entitled!?

(8 Posts)
babyalan13 Sun 07-Jun-15 22:23:29

This might be a strange question. But I am questioning everything since receiving a letter from concentrix working on behalf of hmrc. I am married. I work 30 hours term time and earn 10,000 a year.my husband doesn't work(he does the childcare!)so he gets no benefits. We have 4 children. Age 8,6,4 and 1.so I am entitled aren't aye?? So confused!sad

Arsenic Sun 07-Jun-15 22:27:20

There's a lot of it about, apparently.

Concentrix have been contracted to do a trawl -and scare people witless--

What does the letter say? Is it asking for documents?

babyalan13 Sun 07-Jun-15 22:33:19

Aye!! Loads of information regarding my employment. I've worked there for 3 years. Am starting to think am not entitled

LineRunner Sun 07-Jun-15 22:35:23

It sounds like you are eligible to me.

Just send them the info and don't stress it. Thousands of people are being contacted as a routine check.

m0therofdragons Sun 07-Jun-15 22:36:27

Go on the calculator and see - Google tax credit calculator.

babyalan13 Sun 07-Jun-15 22:36:54

Am just questioning everything now. So worried. Starting to think I'd be better of not working sad

Arsenic Sun 07-Jun-15 23:18:37

You sound entitled to me too.

It's just very heavyhanded checking.

Do what they ask and you'll probably never hear from them again. There's a post similar to yours here most weeks and that's how they seem to turn out.

Sorry it's scared you. Unfortunately I think the bastards mean to scare people.

Woodenheart Wed 10-Jun-15 23:06:13

I would say you are entitled!

They are checking lots of people at the moment, including me,

Ring HMRC with your income & they should put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now