Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

no p60 - can tax office help?

(4 Posts)
kitty1989 Sat 06-Jun-15 12:12:47

Hiya

Long story short - OH is an idiot & still hasn't got round to updating address at work which means he has no payslips for his job from August onwards. This also means no P60 which is inconvenient as I am trying to fill out our first tax credits claim form & I know it needs to be accurate.

My question then really is: If he calls HMRC/Tax office are they able to tell him his gross earnings for last tax year (& possibly previous one)??
I would try to work it out myself from what he received in bank however he has gone from part time to full time then been promoted plus had varying monthly bonus amounts so dohnt want to cock it up! Luckily for me I have my P60 so that's one thing sorted!

ajandjjmum Sat 06-Jun-15 12:22:01

His employer should be able to provide a duplicate copy.

Dolallytats Sat 06-Jun-15 12:39:33

I was told, when my husband was made redundant and a P60 was mistakenly not issued to him, that you can not get a duplicate one. This was about 3 years ago and we had to use the info on his final pay slip for that tax year to complete our tax credit form.

We then had several letters from the tax office asking for final figures so that our tax records are up to date. We just sent them a letter explaining the issue and the name of the person who should have done the P60 so it could be clarified.

callmewhatever Sat 06-Jun-15 17:58:49

He should be able to request a duplicate copy, when I worked in payroll it was a standard request. Or if he can get a copy of his March payslip (or last payslip before 5th April) then that will have his earnings for the year on it. If that fails someone in his payroll dept. should be able to write him a statement of earnings for last tax year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now