Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I've been sucked into forever living!! Why do I feel like the bad guy?

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

KindergartenKop Wed 03-Jun-15 20:27:40

Recently an acquaintance emailed me to ask if I could 'help' her by trying a few products and giving her some feedback. Being the nice person I am I agreed. When the bag of samples turned up the penny dropped and i realised that she's trying to sell them to me (I'm naive I know!). I thought id just buy a little bubble bath. Its fucking 14 quid! No way. I'm sending the bag back and pleading eczema. Does this whole company operate by guilting friends and family into purchasing crap quality at ridic prices?

gatorgolf Wed 03-Jun-15 20:32:36

Yes pretty much

Penguinandminipenguin Wed 03-Jun-15 20:34:23

She'll probably claim it helps eczema! I really don't understand the whole thing. An old friend on my fb is sucked in by it all. Constantly posting about her bonuses and 'amazing work ethic' and messaging asking if I want anything from her or want to earn extra money. I don't understand the whole thing if I'm honest.

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Wed 03-Jun-15 20:37:02

I can't delete my fb forever living person as I just find it too fascinating

BettyCatKitten Wed 03-Jun-15 20:37:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Hoppinggreen Wed 03-Jun-15 20:39:12

Sizzlesthedog Wed 03-Jun-15 20:39:56

OddBoots Wed 03-Jun-15 20:40:13

They claim it helps everything - someone I know tried to sell it to me claiming it would help my back problems - I have spina bifida with a tethered spinal cord, I really don't think it will!

Lolimax Wed 03-Jun-15 20:46:50

What's this Younique thing that's taking over my Facebook? Is that similar?

Grumpyoldbiddy Wed 03-Jun-15 21:10:39

My friend tried to 'help' with Ds's eczema (she is lovely so I feel bad writing it like that), fortunately unfortunately it made it worse so I didn't have to spend a fortune on a tidgy little bottle.

CattyCatCat Wed 03-Jun-15 21:11:01

I am really pissed off by how sensible and fucking boring all my friends on FB are. No Juice Plus. No Forever Living. Not even Pampered bloody Chief. I want to see the crazy updates and luxurious holidays and cars. The trappings of wild success.
I did once notice a vague acquaintance wearing a Juice Plus top and I smiled very nicely at her but no, got nowhere. Can you tell I am bored? grin

Grumpyoldbiddy Wed 03-Jun-15 21:11:56

OddBoots - I probably shouldn't laugh at that but you made me chuckle.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 03-Jun-15 21:14:36

Made me laugh too OddBoots. Mind you £14 would be a bargain for a wonder potion of that league.hmm

lastuseraccount123 Wed 03-Jun-15 21:15:13

I too am having Forever Living FB friend envy.

I want one, just so I can watch it all unfold....

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 03-Jun-15 21:18:03

It's all consuming . I also have an Actiderm friend , better than Botox apparently .
Forever Living will bring world peace and discover life on Mars according to the claims. And bring you riches such as Louboutins. Hurray.

m0therofdragons Wed 03-Jun-15 21:19:23

I had a juice plus fb friend. I was planning to block her as she's an ex work colleague so I don't really know her but her dc started school so she got a proper job.
I've not heard of forever living - for once I'm glad of my eczema with these things though.

OddBoots Wed 03-Jun-15 21:20:34

It made me laugh too - I'd certainly pay £14 if it would help.

I have a friend going down that Younique stuff now, at least that does what it claims, vanity not snake oil.

tumsup Wed 03-Jun-15 21:21:05

LollipopViolet Wed 03-Jun-15 21:21:09

An acquaintance of mine (who I no longer see, for other reasons) believes it treated her Lupus. She now has a "team" working for her.

imip Wed 03-Jun-15 21:23:43

I have a fl FB friend. I just can't unfriend her because I love my daily instalment of cringe! Thing is, she has a good job, is the main breadwinner, a clever girl - why oh why did she get sucked in?

I am strangely drawn to her motivational memes and updates on how awesome her life is. I look forward to her updates. However, if I had more than one friend on FB who was into this crap, it would probably be too much!

MrsEvadneCake Wed 03-Jun-15 21:24:16

I have a forever living friend and fake Botox friend. So I could be cleansed and younger looking if I didn't dodge miss their messages.

Greaterthanthesumoftheparts Wed 03-Jun-15 21:25:30

I have a forever living MIL, can you imagine??? Thankfully DP has been very direct in telling her we're not interested after a Christmas emotional blackmail extravaganza! She is however very successful at it (no. 1 or 2 in her country) and appears to enjoy it, but it was way too much. Glad DP put his foot down, although that was a rather uncomfortable conversation!

CattyCatCat Wed 03-Jun-15 21:33:02

imip Oh do shut up! Yours is not even a stealth boast. I can only dream of such madness on my FB grin

ashtrayheart Wed 03-Jun-15 21:35:39

I've got one - she posts goady statuses about people who 'claim' they are too busy to set up their own business grin

NorbertDentressangle Wed 03-Jun-15 21:37:22

"I love my daily instalment of cringe!" - yes that hits the nail on the head!

One of the school mums keeps popping up on facebook - I'm not a friend of hers but we have some fb friends in common and her profile is set to public so her posts regularly pop up on my wall (and I might occasionally have a look at her page to see what that days boasts are all about blush)

This thread is not accepting new messages.