Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Another tax credit one...

(4 Posts)
mytimewillcome Mon 18-May-15 21:08:21

I've been sent a letter that I have to provide the tax credit people with all my changes in childcare costs for last year as they think they've made a mistake. My childcare costs changed three times last year. The first period was 6 months. Do I divide by 26 weeks to get a weekly cost or 52 weeks? I am finding this all incredibly confusing! Thanks.

taxi4ballet Tue 19-May-15 00:52:20

They are asking for the changes, not the average weekly cost. Perhaps give them the amount it was at the beginning of the year, then the date it changed and what to, and then the final date and amount change. Let them work it out from that.

mytimewillcome Tue 19-May-15 06:33:07

There is a box that says average weekly cost that has to be filled in. I think I'll have to ring them. Sigh. Thanks for the reply though.

taxi4ballet Tue 19-May-15 17:37:00

No problem, ringing them is probably best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now