Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

More YNAB questions

(3 Posts)
krisskross Tue 28-Apr-15 12:40:09

Hi,

I'm getting to grips with YNAB slowly
But am muddled over this....do I need to actively clear monthly recurring payments or does YNAB do it automatically and set the balance to zerO?

I'm a bit confused because I've made several insurance payments recurring monthly and cleared them, but for two of them I appear to have spent nothing and the balance is carrying over to next month. Help!!

krisskross Wed 29-Apr-15 14:31:09

Bumping

Thanks

Callmecordelia Sat 02-May-15 10:40:32

With recurring payments you need to approve them in the desktop app before they are officially entered into the account screen. They won't show on the app (I think) unless you have done this. Could this be what's happened?

Are you reconciling regularly to check your balances? It's a good way to track down any issues before the account balances get too far away from reality due to missed transactions, that might lead you to the source of the issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now