Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

income support question

(5 Posts)
lostinegypt Sat 14-Feb-15 16:59:19

hoping someone can answer this as dwp closed for weekend.

Myself and dh get income support, child tax credit and carers allowance. We have recently had our second child and informed tax credits office. We didnt know we had to inform anyone else. Had a letter today from income support asking about 2nd child and to fill form in. We told the expected due date for child when applied for is. Our tax credits increased but was wondering if our is will change. Im worried it might decrease sad money is very tight as it is now. Any advice?

maccie Sat 14-Feb-15 17:52:00

It shouldn't change your IS at all. Congratulations on your new baby.

Inform HB and Council Tax too.

RebootYourEngine Sun 15-Feb-15 14:16:33

income support is for you & your dh not your children so i can't see why it would decrease. However I don't see why you only informed tax credits. You need to report a change of circumstances to every government body such as tax credits, jobcentre, & local authority for housing & council tax benefits.

SoonToBeSix Sun 15-Feb-15 14:40:51

IS will stay the same, HB will go up.

lostinegypt Tue 17-Feb-15 00:10:20

thanks for the replies. I have only just started recieving benefits so am unsure about things like this. We don't recieve housing benefit as we have temp moved in with my parents.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: