Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone experienced with credit reports?

(3 Posts)
Misslgl88 Fri 13-Feb-15 21:18:55

Hi all lurking for a while but needed a bit of advice

Have just found out that I can get my credit report through my bank so was checking it out for the first time in ages only to discover that under address links there is 2 addresses to do with EE from 2012 and 2013 that I know to be affiliated with my ex from 2011. EE was nothing to do with me in 2012/13 I only started with EE last year but I was with Orange in 2010/11 and I know he took over my old number but assured me he had changed it all to his name when we split. Now no money is leaving my account that's not the problem but it is still logged with my personal details and he owes money which will obviously be affecting my credit rating especially if he defaults. Am I right to be worried? Surely this is totally wrong of him? I will contact EE to see what they can do and what exactly is going on but just wanted some views

Thanks all

Tiredemma Fri 13-Feb-15 21:20:44

you can make a Notice of Correction that will sit on your file. Google it

Rockchick1984 Sat 14-Feb-15 00:43:20

Don't do a notice of correction - contact EE and get them to remove it from your file if it was in his name. The notice of correction could be used if he's not actually changed the account to his name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now