Talk

Advanced search

Lost Pension...can it be tracked or is it lost forever?

(13 Posts)
bobs123 Tue 10-Feb-15 11:38:58

Stbx paid into a pension for 10 yrs and it was made paid up in the mid 1980s. We have the details - Plan number, Certificate Number and who it was with etc. Could it be possible that details cannot be obtained for this pension?

AnnoyingOrange Tue 10-Feb-15 11:40:16

You need this dept https://www.gov.uk/find-lost-pension

bobs123 Tue 10-Feb-15 11:55:37

I know the scheme provider! Is there any way of finding out about a pension in someone else's name? This has been going on for over a year angry

GallicIsCharlie Tue 10-Feb-15 12:07:17

Mine found me smile He's not living off-grid or anything daft like that, is he?

Have you tried googling "lost pension Prudential� ?

bobs123 Tue 10-Feb-15 12:47:21

No he's not off-grid. He says he has tried to find out about this pension. But then he initially said he had no paperwork for it until I pointed out that he did and I had a copy! I just don't understand why he continues to say he can't get further details on this pension when he knows that I know it exists? Can pensions disappear/go bankrupt?

GallicIsCharlie Tue 10-Feb-15 15:06:19

They sure can go bust. Both of mine did (were embezzled). you would still be able to get documentation, though. I fear I am a tad suspicious - am I being unreasonable?

If you find out who's responsible for this fund nowadays, you'll be able to get an update.

GallicIsCharlie Tue 10-Feb-15 15:10:22

Sorry, I meant 2 of mine did - not that the defunct providers tracked me down to tell me I'd been robbed grin

bobs123 Tue 10-Feb-15 15:17:16

I know that the provider is a well-known household name (although research has shown a certain number of problems with their pensions in the past).

I think the only thing I can do is request paperwork from him proving he has tried to track this pension down. Of course if we went to court he would have to produce evidence!!!

GallicIsCharlie Tue 10-Feb-15 16:58:52

I've only just registered that you said STBX. It seems most likely he's trying to keep it from you. Consult a solicitor.

bobs123 Tue 10-Feb-15 21:52:10

Ahh Gallic that's the crux of it <taps nose>

I already consulted a solicitor - we're now on to mediation after a year of not-a-lot happening with solicitors. Unfortunately it's all voluntary unless we go to court. His solicitor declared this pension irrelevant as it was pre-marriage and therefore non-matrimonial, but at the same time included all my pre-marriage assets in the matrimonial pot.

bobs123 Thu 12-Feb-15 12:29:31

Don't suppose anyone else has any bright ideas???

Seff Tue 17-Feb-15 19:39:42

I have no idea but thought I'd give this a bump for you smile

bobs123 Tue 17-Feb-15 21:04:20

Cheers Seff smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: