Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(2 Posts)
Coffeemonster1 Fri 30-Jan-15 16:55:08

We were entitled to about £70 a month in tax credits. I then upped my hours from part to full time which then meant we weren't entitled to anything, despite paying out nearly £1000 a month in childcare. However, I am looking to go to uni full time which means I wouldn't have an income. Would it be likely that we would then be entitled to some help now that we would be living off only one income?
Do they take into account one parent being a full time student etc? How do tax credits work regarding this or would they just class me as unemployed?

Coffeemonster1 Fri 30-Jan-15 17:00:23

Oh I forgot to add, I also used the nhs finance calculator which estimated I could get £5000 a year in a mixture of grants/loans etc. How can you live on roughly £400 a month while still keeping up with mortgage payments and affording childcare?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: