Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

NHS Pension help

(2 Posts)
Tobyjuggler Sun 25-Jan-15 11:38:17

Hi everybody, my partner (not wife) of 15 years recently passed away and I was her nominee for her NHS pension which was deferred when she left work in 2010.
We have 2 children aged 13 and 14 her salary was £30k and she paid into the scheme for 16 years my question is how much is the lump sum and approx how much is the pension worth as if I understand it correctly I think it's 50% for myself and 25% for each child up to 50% for the two of them until they reach the age of 23 I have looked on the site but find it confusing so anyone who understands the NHS/pension system would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks so much

TalkinPeace Sun 25-Jan-15 13:31:25

Toby Sorry for your loss.

Whichever Trust she last worked for should be able to provide the information accurately, promptly and ensure that the money is paid to you in a timely manner.

Phone them and ask to speak to the HR team re deceased deferred pensioners.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: