Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If you are a single parent who works full time...

(4 Posts)
SunshineofRay Wed 21-Jan-15 20:58:30

Do you get help from tax credits?

I currently work part time and get a percentage of childcare paid for along with working tax credits and child tax credits
I have been offered the chance to go full time but cant figure out if id be better off - it would mean a bit more childcare(ds in school but would need breakfast club and c/m for an hour and half after school)

donkir Wed 21-Jan-15 21:03:02

I was a working single mum for a long time. I worked 8-6 every day and my ds went to a cm morning and afternoon. I received working tax credit, child tax credit and help with childcare. I think roughly about £650 pm. I was earning less than £15,000 hth

Viviennemary Wed 21-Jan-15 22:14:07

There is a calculator on the Government website. So you could try putting in the two sets of figures and see what it comes up with.

SunshineofRay Thu 22-Jan-15 07:32:05

Thank you both, will have a look on there today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: