Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If you are a single parent who works full time...

(4 Posts)
SunshineofRay Wed 21-Jan-15 20:58:30

Do you get help from tax credits?

I currently work part time and get a percentage of childcare paid for along with working tax credits and child tax credits
I have been offered the chance to go full time but cant figure out if id be better off - it would mean a bit more childcare(ds in school but would need breakfast club and c/m for an hour and half after school)

donkir Wed 21-Jan-15 21:03:02

I was a working single mum for a long time. I worked 8-6 every day and my ds went to a cm morning and afternoon. I received working tax credit, child tax credit and help with childcare. I think roughly about £650 pm. I was earning less than £15,000 hth

Viviennemary Wed 21-Jan-15 22:14:07

There is a calculator on the Government website. So you could try putting in the two sets of figures and see what it comes up with.

SunshineofRay Thu 22-Jan-15 07:32:05

Thank you both, will have a look on there today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now