Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Checking credit scores

(9 Posts)
nannynome Sat 17-Jan-15 14:28:05

Which is the best website for this? Need to check mine and DH credit before we look at consolidating and reorganising our finances. I know there are a couple out there and you can sign up and then cancel, any suggestions? Thanks.

dementedpixie Sat 17-Jan-15 15:46:47

www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/check-free-credit-report#creditexpert

Rockchick1984 Sat 17-Jan-15 20:31:17

Noddle is completely free so no worries about cancelling within 30 days.

dementedpixie Sat 17-Jan-15 20:33:51

noddle is very limited though and had hardly any of my information on it. I would search on one of the bigger ones too

Rockchick1984 Sat 17-Jan-15 20:37:37

Really? It's got all of mine on, didn't realise it was limited!

dementedpixie Sat 17-Jan-15 20:39:23

a lot of my earlier credit history is not on it (am 41 and have had credit cards, etc from the age of 18)

dementedpixie Sat 17-Jan-15 20:42:47

in fact my most used credit card isn't on it at all

TallulahTwinkletoes Sat 17-Jan-15 20:46:58

Noddle is bullshit. Had detailed info about me but said my credit was 2/5 and once I paid off the majority of my debt, it went down to 1/5 and then the bank told me I have good credit.

You can get a statutory report for £2 from experian.

nannynome Sat 17-Jan-15 21:11:19

Thanks smile looks like we are all good on the credit checks, now have to figure out the best secured loans. Consolidating everything with some extra for work to the house and covering a bit of maternity. Can't decide whether mortgage holiday or adding it to loan is a better option.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: