Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mis-sold PPI question

(5 Posts)
Theimpossiblegirl Fri 16-Jan-15 12:32:07

Has anyone successfully claimed mis-sold PPI without using a third party?
or can anyone recommend a company that doesn't take a huge percentage?

I had a cold call yesterday from Rock Law, who want a £495 payment up front and 30%, which while I thought it seemed a lot and have declined their kind offer, it did pique my interest so I would like to try see if I can claim any back myself or use someone who takes less.

FoxyMcFox Fri 16-Jan-15 12:36:12

Dh and I have both made ppi claims directly and been successful. Just had huge renovation and new bathroom with the proceeds grin

Barclays and HSBC.

vicki2010 Fri 16-Jan-15 21:19:41

Go onto whichever bank you had the ppi with and usually in the very small print at the bottom of their websites is a ppi section. You should be able to download one of their questionnaires and it's as simple as that! Post it off and you should hear back within 8 weeks. Also, if you don't have all the details of the ppi account you had just tick the boxes that say 'don't know' we did this and still had two payouts! Good luck

Longdistance Fri 16-Jan-15 21:30:13

Claimed all mine by writing just a letter. I included my maiden name, and changes of address, with proof. No PPI claims company was involved, and they didn't get anything out of it. Just me grin

I probably claimed back around £2k all together.

NumTumDeDum Fri 16-Jan-15 22:27:39

If you go to the money saving expert website they have step by step instructions and template letters to use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now