Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Possible claim against redundancy insurance

(2 Posts)
sooperdooper Fri 09-Jan-15 17:01:42

I took out redundancy insurance when I took out my mortgage, 4 years ago.

I just received my annual statement and read through it, and realised that they haven't listed me as working full time (so how can it cover me for redundancy?), it doesn't give me life insurance which I thought it did, and it doesn't even cover the full monthly mortgage payment! (which haven't increased since I took it out, it was on a fixed term)

So, I know I should've read through the detail more, but I feel I've been miss-sold the insurance. It was my first mortgage, on my own, I used a broker who sold me the insurance too and I'll admit I didn't 100% know what I was doing!!

I'm going to cancel it and take out a new one, I've done some research and can get a much better deal elsewhere

Does anyone think I can claim my money back, since I'm not actually covered as I thought I was? Is it worth putting in a claim just in case? I did one before with the templates I found online somewhere and got a refund from an old loan

TalkinPeace Fri 09-Jan-15 17:31:48

definitely worth writing to them, asking to backdate the cancel on threat of a mis selling claim if they do not refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now