Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Best debt management company?

(4 Posts)
FruitCakey Thu 08-Jan-15 22:21:37

Hi, I am going to keep this short.

DH and I have quite a few debts. They're all small debts but in total, equal to around £7000.

We was with a debt management company called Harrington Brookes. It cost far too much in management fees and they wasn't able to do their jobs properly. We left them but still continue to have the debts flying around which aren't being paid. I would really appreciate recommendations for a good debt management company? I suffer with depression and anxiety so bury my head in the sand rather than tackle the debt issues head on, but with MN help, I am hoping I can get some constructive advice and put a plan into action.

Sorry, that wasn't really short, was it? grin Thank you in advance.

LIZS Fri 09-Jan-15 08:09:12

There are free charities which could advise you - Stepchange is one. They won't take a fee but can help you freeze interest and organise repayments direct. Companies often only pass on a small percentage of what you pay each month towards the debts themselves.

Fugacity Fri 09-Jan-15 08:15:16

www.capuk.org

FourAndDone Fri 09-Jan-15 08:18:31

I used pay plan! They were fab, all free and set up over the phone. They deal with creditors etc.
Got mine paid off in just over a year and couldn't fault them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now