Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Zero hours

(5 Posts)
beautyfades Wed 07-Jan-15 11:22:12

Hi does anyone know if you can claim working tax credits if your on a zero hour contract ? Iv been offerd a job but it's zero hour contract but I will definitely get 4 hours a day. I really need this job! Do any wise mumsnetters know the answer ??

BloodyDogHairs Wed 07-Jan-15 13:01:47

I don't know about working tax but I worked 2 jobs both zero hours and was entitled to child tax credits. You give a estimation of what you think you will earn.....don't underestimate as you'll end up owing them back the following year.

Rockchick1984 Wed 07-Jan-15 14:05:01

Tax credits are based on the hours you actually work, not on what your contract says. As poster above says, just give an estimates income - if you end up earning less than you estimate they will give you a lump sum when you do your renewal which is fab smile

beautyfades Wed 07-Jan-15 14:55:55

Ok thanks for the advice realy appreciate it.

BloodyDogHairs Wed 07-Jan-15 16:20:19

yes I usually tell them I'm going to earn more just incase I do get more hours and if I don't then the lump sum comes in very handysmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now