Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax return query

(5 Posts)
Jamrollypolly Tue 06-Jan-15 22:53:48

My husband filled in his first tax return last year because he received 2 weeks CB after the deadline (promotion the day new CB rules came in). Does anyone know how long he has to keep doing the tax return? We didn't receive any CB for tax year 2013/14 and he is on PAYE.

BringYourOwnSnowman Tue 06-Jan-15 22:58:17

call them up and tell them. i did once my circumstances changed and they were very happy to take me off the list!

Jamrollypolly Wed 07-Jan-15 11:07:49

I will do thanks, their telephones are swamped at the moment. Was just wondering if all those who had to do one last year because of the child benefit changes are doing them again this year?

BringYourOwnSnowman Wed 07-Jan-15 12:10:33

You would do best to file one and call in feb/march. Not worth getting a penalty if it is easy enough and it's just paye

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 07-Jan-15 18:43:46

If he pays higher rate tax and submits a self assessment return he could potentially get a rebate on any pension contributions and charity donations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now