Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage MMR and various current accounts

(4 Posts)
VadaSultanfuss Fri 02-Jan-15 19:00:34

We are coming to the end of our fixed rate and are hoping to remortgage to a new lender to take advantage of a cheaper deal.

Hopefully we shouldn't have a problem as we have fairly low outgoings and decent income and equity, but one thing really worries me and that is that we use 4 current accounts for budgeting. They are:

1. DH's account - his wages go in and his CSA comes out, there's some savings sitting there as it's got a good interest rate
2. Bills account - monthly household direct debits. My wages go in here.
3. Annual bills & rainy day - we set aside for annual bills and insurances here plus birthdays and Xmas
4. Day to day spends, groceries, fuel, clothes and all the other bits.

This really works for us but I'm worried that to a lender it will look complicated. Does anyone have any experience of this?
Will they need statements from all the accounts?

I thought of combining accounts 3&4 but it might confuse things even more as we'd like to do the mortgage application in a couple of weeks.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 02-Jan-15 20:05:18

I have quite a few different accounts and it didn't seem to deter my lender when I went through the process. They were mainly interested in income, outgoings and savings.

BlastedChickens Fri 02-Jan-15 20:24:52

Hi I'm a financial adviser and whole of market mortgage advisor.

This shouldn't be a problem. Every lender's requirements are different...there are some that won't require statements at all, others that will use them to verify particular sources of income and others that will want to see the whole picture.

My advice is if your four current accounts work for you, keep them. Speak with a good whole of market mortgage adviser who can guide you through the process...

VadaSultanfuss Fri 02-Jan-15 21:10:29

Ok, that's great. Phew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now