Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

HMRC have lost my tax credit claim...

(6 Posts)
Sweetasstevia Tue 30-Dec-14 16:39:37

I know they received it though as I sent it Royal Mail 'signed for' and I can see a signature when I track it.
.. I found out today that they don't have it when I phoned to chase our claim. The agent I spoke to said someone will call me once they have had another look and if they can't find it they will send out a pre filled form to us. Will I have to wait another 5 + weeks until my first payment? Also will the payment when we do get it be back dated to 25th November (the date I sent off my original claim).
We are really struggling at the moment and this is the cherry on the top of a difficult time sad

Sweetasstevia Tue 30-Dec-14 18:36:44

Anyone?

TalkinPeace Tue 30-Dec-14 20:07:48

did you take a copy?
phone your MP

Sweetasstevia Tue 30-Dec-14 21:40:24

Yes I have a copy.

TalkinPeace Tue 30-Dec-14 21:44:16

Cool.
Make a copy of your copy and send it to them again, with a covering letter entitled FORMAL COMPLAINT and let rip at them

make sure you copy your MP in.

then phone them, keep hitting 0 or # until you get a human and inform them that you have raised a formal complaint, raised it with your MP and will expect interest on the backdated payments

it won't happen but it WILL speed things up.

Sweetasstevia Tue 30-Dec-14 22:23:02

Excellent - thank you very much for the advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now