Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Insurance help

(6 Posts)
StillinShockAhhhhhhh Sat 27-Dec-14 21:08:25

Just looking for some quick advice, my husband lost his phone at some point during a trip round the sales today. I have cover for it through our home insurance but not sure what the best thing is to tell them as I know insurance companies tend to try and get out of paying up. Has anybody had any success?

Rockchick1984 Sun 28-Dec-14 04:29:08

Check your policy details to see what it covers you for - mine says I've got to report the loss within 24 hours to the police and get an incident number I think.

StillinShockAhhhhhhh Sun 28-Dec-14 09:50:10

The policy doesn't mention needing to report the loss to police only if it was stolen, never had to claim anything on insurance before so not sure how to approach it

HoHonutty Sun 28-Dec-14 09:52:06

When I lost mine I just called and told them that I didn't know if it was lost or stolen but it was gone. They sent a replacement a couple of days later.

StillinShockAhhhhhhh Sun 28-Dec-14 17:29:00

Thank you everyone will call them first thing in the morning they were shut today

caroldecker Sun 28-Dec-14 17:39:09

Call the phone company to get the calls stopped or you may be liable for costs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now