Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits in final 3 months of mat leave

(3 Posts)
Tomkat79 Mon 22-Dec-14 21:57:42

Is anyone able to clarify this for me as I think I might just kill myself if I have to hang on the line for the usual 45 minutes!
I am taking 9 months paid maternity and tagging on the 3 months unpaid to the end. I know that I am considered as working still for tax credit purposes until the end of month 9 and my payments will continue....then I can't seem to find anything else about what will happen to tax credits. My DH works 40 hours week and earns about 15k so am assuming will still be entitled to something.
Am I classed as not working and have to submit a new claim for DH?
Any help appreciated :-)

thatstoast Mon 22-Dec-14 22:02:55

You're classed as working for the whole of your maternity leave. You just have to account for your reduced income across the tax year.

carrielou2007 Tue 23-Dec-14 06:08:53

You can't claim one of them (think the bit towards childcare??) for last three months though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now