Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

best credit card

(6 Posts)
superbagpuss Mon 22-Dec-14 13:50:49

I am looking to get a new credit card

I have a very good history - currently have two other cards that are paid off monthly

I am looking for a card that will be accepted in most European countries that can get cashback or vouchers on all purchaes. I will use it only for business expenses and pay it off each month

What is good?

elephantspoo Mon 22-Dec-14 19:04:46

The very best credit card is no credit card at all. Living in debt and/or buying things you have not already earned, is a road to misery and anguish. It is a lesson I wish I had been taught when I was young, but I had no teachers who understood money to explain it to me.

TalkinPeace Mon 22-Dec-14 19:09:48

why would you want another card?
If your current ones are visa / mastercard they meet your needs
my main card is a John Lewis one that suits me

elephantspoo
please read what the OP says

I do not borrow on my card : I use it to manage cashflow across the month.
I've paid no interest in many years

PatriciaHolm Mon 22-Dec-14 19:39:04

If you incur regular business expenses, a separate card makes sorting expenses much easier!

OP, we have a post office platinum card, Which doesn't charge for overseas purchases.

addictedtosugar Mon 22-Dec-14 20:01:30

I'd look at Postoffice for the business card, which is great for exchange rates.
And then a cash back for your personal cards - we have tesco, but thats because we get the clubcard points, and much as people hate them, they are half a mile away for food and petrol. So I'd look at your usual supermarket if your personal cards aren't already cashback.

superbagpuss Tue 23-Dec-14 16:33:05

thank you for those understanding why I want an expenses card grin

I didn't know about the post office one, I will take a look at that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now