Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tesco help :(

(26 Posts)
Mummytoaboy7 Sun 21-Dec-14 12:20:48

Hi everyone has anyone ever ordered of tesco and had them take the money but say they haven't got it and cancel the order .i ordered food for over Xmas to the value of £90 pounds and tesco have just rung to say it's been cancelled rung my bank and they're saying the money has gone to tesco but tesco ain't having any of it .im now left with out money and food for over Xmas .ive just emailed customer services to see if they can trace the funds can anyone advise who else I can contact plz I'm so stressed with it all hmm

Rockchick1984 Sun 21-Dec-14 15:24:26

What reason have tesco given for cancelling the order? If you can't see the transaction on your bank account but the amount is no longer available then there's a good chance that it'll be showing as back in your account tomorrow.

Mummytoaboy7 Sun 21-Dec-14 15:28:24

They said problem with my card and processing the payment bank have confirmed exact amount which my shopping was has gone to tesco money was available until 11am then they took it waiting to hear back from tesco again now

AnneElliott Sun 21-Dec-14 18:44:13

I think tesco sometimes reserve the money and then try and take it later. However if there isn't enough money in the account to cover the reserve and then the actual cost they will sometimes claim the funds are not there.

Only thing is to get onto customer services. I stopped shopping with them because of this. I am lucky that I had enough cash on my account to cover both payments, but I was annoyed they still had my money on reserve.

Mummytoaboy7 Sun 21-Dec-14 19:30:53

Customer service haven't been much help they just said they haven't received funds so contacted my bank who have said moneys definitely gone to them there was enough money in to cover my total shop
The bank said it's a problem at tescos end and once they realise they have the money they will refund it back but that's no good the bank said it can take upto 5 days for it to actually show to tesco .i will never shop with them again after this left me with nothing over Xmas and can't even be bothered to trace the money will try customer service again tommorow see if any one different can help

secretsantacalling Sun 21-Dec-14 19:38:31

Does the bank have a reference number for the payment? If there's such a thing it might help tesco trace the payment.

Mummytoaboy7 Sun 21-Dec-14 19:46:34

They didn't say I'll call them tommorow .its not showing up on my online banking yet but the bank said that's because it's pending but the bank can see where it's gone on there end I'll ask tommorow though hopefully It will get sorted out quickly

Mummytoaboy7 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:14:43

Well just spoke to the bank again who can't actually do anything until the money leaves my account
Spoke to some one at customer services for tesco who informed me the payments pending to them !! But it's been requested to be refunded so not only did they lie they've decided to refund the money once it reaches them without even asking me if I want my shopping today instead so in the end of it I'm still left with no money and no food for Xmas disgusted with tesco they said the refund can take up to 10 days to go from account to account as it takes around 3 to leave mine to them and then they have to give it me back no apology for the lies because evidently they knew they had been paid can't believe it

Apophenia Mon 22-Dec-14 09:23:57

This happened to us last year, but with Asda. I posted a thread and got some great advice but in the end, I think it took 3-4 days to get the money back. It's ridiculous.

For future orders, I know it's not helpful now, but Sainsburys only take the money as the order leaves the store to be delivered to you.

Hope you get sorted. smile

Mummytoaboy7 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:27:55

This is only the second time I've used tesco the first time they didn't take the money at all I ended up ringing Them to say the money was still in my account
Will be looking at different places to shop from now on the customer service is awful to
Thankyou me to I'm trying to work out what I can do it's left me with £4 in the bank disgusting feel like they've ruined Xmas for us

carrielou2007 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:31:48

Asda and Tesco do this they put the money 'on hold' so when you check your online balance it will be less this amount. Once you've sign d for delivery they take the funds. It's tge bank not Tesco re-the 5 days.

Mummytoaboy7 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:33:50

Ah right the bank have told me it's all tescos fault it's put me of from using online shopping in the future more annoying when I had the right amount in my account so I no the card wasn't declined but it's done now just hopefully keep checking my account and by a miracle it may be there can't see it though hmm

Itsgoingtoreindeer Mon 22-Dec-14 09:35:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WeAreEternal Mon 22-Dec-14 09:49:58

Quite often they will put a 'hold' on the amount in your account (so in this case £90) when you make the order then the day of delivery they will complete the transaction and take the 'held' money.

Unfortunately sometimes it doesn't work, I think it is certain banks, when the money is 'held' it mistakenly shows as a transaction, so the money appears taken and when they try to complete the order it declines if there isn't another £90 in the account.

If the payment isn't taken the 'hold' will expire and the money will be freed back into your account within a day or two of the order delivery date.

I've dealt with this problem before.

Mummytoaboy7 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:52:19

Oh never knew that .think that's ridiculous if u ask me think I'll stick to physically shopping myself from now on less hassle xx

Mummytoaboy7 Mon 22-Dec-14 10:05:45

Oh so hopefully the money could be in my account before Xmas then maybe the bank and tesco say so many days to cover themselves I hope so anyway x

PulpsNotFiction Mon 22-Dec-14 10:23:56

I'd get on Twitter if I were you and post on their FB page. A company that size should have the fascilitty to do a Same day faster payment it's ridiculous. If I transfer money to my husbands account it hits immediately and that's from Barclays to Santander. They should be making an exception for the time of year and do it via FEP (faster electronic payment)

Get on social media. Say you're left without food for Xmas.

Hope you get it sorted x

PulpsNotFiction Mon 22-Dec-14 10:25:57

Sorry x posted without refreshing. Social media can't do any harm though. Twats.

Mummytoaboy7 Mon 22-Dec-14 10:31:25

Hi I will do that now just setting up twitter I've never used it before lol
Well yes I thought that my banks lloyds and I no they facilitate the faster payments service not sure if there saying it's because it's not hit there bank yet which apparently can take 3 days but it's left my bank I'll FB then and tweet them might get somewhere quicker don't think id be as upset if my Xmas dinner wasn't on the order id be upset but I'd deal with it .total nightmare x

bruffin Mon 22-Dec-14 10:59:15

Tesco does not have your money, it is sitting in a holding account . This happens a lot when transactions happen,I work for a car dealership and once the salesman made a mistake taking some money £10k and cancelled the transation by mistake.He then went to take the money again and couldnt. The money left the customer account but never hit our account. It happens a lot when buying phones online as well. My friend tried to order a phone and kept getting her card rejected (banks are very suspicious of mobile phone companies transactions and often reject them. She had the price taken from her account three times but the transaction had not gone through to the mobile account.

Mummytoaboy7 Mon 22-Dec-14 11:54:24

Just had a call from the complaints department of my bank who are looking into it and have assured me they all have the money back to me latest Xmas eve morning think maybe the bank are going to refund it and wait for the money to come back from tesco

bruffin Mon 22-Dec-14 14:15:49

Probably as i said above it is the bank that have your money, not Tesco.

Mummytoaboy7 Wed 24-Dec-14 08:37:48

Yes the bank are still saying they don't and as of yet there is still no money back in my account so don't think they will sort it now

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 27-Dec-14 21:06:08

Google the email address of tescos ceo and let them sort it out.

bruffin Sat 27-Dec-14 22:24:42

Tesco ceo wont be able to do anything as tesco do not have the money. The konry is in a holding account somewhere. I have been at the other end. A customer had 10,000 taken from his account when our salesmen cancelled a transaction midway on the pdq machine. The money never hit our bank account. He was buying a car from us. It was embarrass because we couldnt give him his car but he now couldnt pay us because there was 10k missing. It was credited back. The holding account could be Tescos bank rather than lloyds. Everytime a transaction is rejected the same thing happens. A friend had the cost of the phone taken from her account 3 times even though the bank rejected her payment 3 times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now