Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Online order hasn't arrived and the company are almost impossible to speak to

(21 Posts)
Ohmygrood Fri 12-Dec-14 21:43:52

I'm not sure where to put this, but wondered whether anyone could advise.

I ordered a product from a high street store using their online delivery service. I've shopped at this store many times on the High Street, but have never ordered online with them before. The item is now 13 days late, so it must be lost in the post.

This company have no phone number to contact about online orders. You can only speak to them by filling in a form on their website. They answer after 1-2 days. They have said that they will refund me once my order arrives...but it's clearly lost!

What can I do?

LuckyCharms Fri 12-Dec-14 21:52:30

How did you pay?

Ohmygrood Fri 12-Dec-14 21:54:04

By paypal.

GoodKingQuintless Fri 12-Dec-14 21:57:07

Sounds Like Marks and Spencer to me! Good luck. You will need it.

GoodKingQuintless Fri 12-Dec-14 21:57:22

Oh, paypal, not sure they take paypal...

Ohmygrood Fri 12-Dec-14 22:00:15

No it's not Marks! It's a gaming store (not Game though).

How can I get my money back?

LuckyCharms Fri 12-Dec-14 22:03:34

Open a paypal not received case.

Itsgoingtoreindeer Fri 12-Dec-14 22:03:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ohmygrood Fri 12-Dec-14 22:05:51

Aha I hadn't thought of that! Thankyou I will do that. smile

I suppose it's possible it's delayed and I would have more faith in them if they weren't so difficult to communicate with!

5EllipticGoldRings Fri 12-Dec-14 22:05:57

Hermes?

Ohmygrood Fri 12-Dec-14 22:06:52

No they use Royal Mail.

Ohmygrood Fri 12-Dec-14 22:09:59

Next Christmas I'm buying everything in person at the actual shops.
I'm beginning to worry about a collect plus order that I've returned too (I've helpfully lost my receipt)

elephantspoo Sun 14-Dec-14 01:35:41

Online, always buy with a credit card, even if paying through PayPal. You have way more right of redress if things go wrong. If you are going to buy stuff online, this is the sort of learning experience everyone has to go through. Consider it a cheap lesson learned and file a case with PayPal if you haven't got a CC company to claim your money back from.

Ohmygrood Sun 14-Dec-14 10:51:21

I haven't got a CC, I usually use my debit card. That's good advice though - perhaps I should open a CC just for online shopping.
I've opened a case with paypal and will see what happens.

elephantspoo Sun 14-Dec-14 15:30:02

If your debit card carried the Visa symbol, I understand you have some rights over and above the cold shoulder you will experience from your bank. That's one from online research though. Moneysavingexpert would be a good place to start.

Ohmygrood Sun 14-Dec-14 19:06:12

Thanks - I'll remember that tip. I'm annoyed about this not just about the money, but also with the lack of customer service.
The people who work in our nearest store are really lovely. I'm surprised by how dire the online service is.
But I'll definitely be more careful when ordering online in future.

Patchworkqueen Sun 14-Dec-14 19:15:02

make sure you escalate the paypal case.

Have they got a Facebook page or Twitter ac - if so contact them there?

hulahoopsilove Tue 16-Dec-14 14:15:36

is it Zavvi? If so let me know I had something similar

Ohmygrood Tue 16-Dec-14 15:02:52

No it wasn't zavvi. I had an email from PayPal to say that the case has been closed, so that must mean that they have Refunded my PayPal account. Phew!

Twinklebells Tue 16-Dec-14 15:14:26

have they refunded you? Log in to Paypal and check.

Ohmygrood Tue 16-Dec-14 17:12:16

Yes it's in PayPal! Very happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now