Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

'Pocket money' job, any ideas?

(13 Posts)
MrsSaginowsky Thu 11-Dec-14 20:45:37

Since my last job and it was just in retail.

Thing is I have high anxiety and couldn't work in something like retail.

I just need something under 15 hours a week for extra.pocket money.

Any ideas?

Kasey11 Fri 12-Dec-14 03:51:43

Paper round/delivering leaflets? Would be good exercise and you don't have to interact too much with people.

undertherain Fri 12-Dec-14 18:38:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

elephantspoo Fri 12-Dec-14 21:29:04

What are you really passionate about?
What do you love doing? What are you good at?
There has been more money created out of passion than out of any other human attribute. If you love something, do it. If you love it so much that you have to scrimp and save just to get buy and keep DCs fed, but you learn and you get better, there is always an opportunity in there to make money at it.
I lived on soup for six months building my business, but I love it and I'd do it all again if it went tits up.

elephantspoo Fri 12-Dec-14 21:34:43

Mobile dog grooming.
Decoupage wedding invitations.
Mobile nail salon in your home.
Bespoke cakes baked to perfection.
Knitted baby clothes with that little bit of extra class.
Buying and selling on eBay.
Wedding photography.

The ones that really make money are the ones you think up, really believe in, and work hard at.

WalkingInaWhippetWonderland Fri 12-Dec-14 23:03:40

Babysitting
Dog walking
Ironing
Cleaning

Viviennemary Sat 13-Dec-14 16:15:44

You could give ebay a try. Buy good quality clothes or other bits from charity shops and sell them on. But I think a lot of people will be doing this. I agree with cleaning, childminding ironing or ask in a local old people's home as they sometimes have jobs for people to do general duties rather than care. Could you not do retail but just shelf stacking and not have to deal with busy checkouts and horrible customers.

CremeEggThief Sun 14-Dec-14 10:27:36

Lunchtime supervisor in a nursery or primary school? 1.25-1.5 hours a day.

ExpectantGran Wed 17-Dec-14 15:32:53

Wedding photography is hardly pin money - that needs some degree of experience as well as creative endeavour but can be very rewarding - just wish we had more

springalong Thu 18-Dec-14 09:59:30

Some of these suggestions are interesting. But Have a huge time commitment for little return - eg being a lunch time supervisor - you are only on premises and paid for max 1 1/2 hrs in the middle of the day and you have to get to school on time and get home again.

Gfplux Sat 20-Dec-14 16:29:22

Why not try the catering industry. Like company's who provide food and drink at functions. I believe most of the waiting staff are casual worker.

Gfplux Sat 20-Dec-14 16:31:56

These people are in London but similar company's excist all over.
www.high-society.co.uk

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Sat 20-Dec-14 16:44:34

Window cleaning? I spent a summer off uni doing it and it was v lucrative.
Once people got over the fact it was a young woman I think I was trusted more. Got other random stuff like clearing ivy off windows etc and weekly grass cutting/ leaf sweeping too. You have to be comfy with ladders and spiders though. You can also skip over houses that are too high to be safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now