Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Operation and out of work

(3 Posts)
toni74 Tue 09-Dec-14 14:03:06

Husband and I work for his company, hes the hands I'm the back office support. He is due to have an operation (we're waiting on a date) which has a 6-8 recovery period and would mean he was unable to work, so there would be no money coming into the company.

We don't have any accidental or illness insurance (we have everything else!) and have approached our bank for a mortgage holiday, but they have turned us down.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to try find some help, to help us financially...I spoke to our local CAB but was told to let Tax Credits know of our change...I think were going to have to ask for help from family but at the moment were looking at everything...please don't anyone tell me we should have had the insurance for this, we looked and got quotes and it was always prohibitively expensive for the small payout (but now feel we should have done it)...tyia

RandomMess Tue 09-Dec-14 14:07:39

He'll get stat sick pay won't he?

toni74 Tue 09-Dec-14 14:11:56

Yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now