Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Need a new pension scheme... Where to find one?

(11 Posts)
Guyropes Wed 03-Dec-14 08:36:36

Hi, can anyone help me find information about personal pensions? Having been made redundant I need to transfer my credit from the pensions trust into another scheme but I don't have the first clue. Where can I find information? Thanks

Guyropes Wed 03-Dec-14 16:52:42

Nobody here know about pensions?

Oh dear

whooshbangprettycolours Wed 03-Dec-14 20:24:27

Why do you need to transfer the money? Have you been a member for a short period of time?

TalkinPeace Wed 03-Dec-14 22:07:40

leave it where it is till you have another job
do nothing in a hurry

Guyropes Fri 05-Dec-14 16:12:19

Yes, a member for 7 months. I have 2 weeks to find a new pension or I lose my employers contribution.

SueDunome Fri 05-Dec-14 20:14:14

Was this a pension scheme under Auto Enrolment? If so, I'm not sure if it's legal for your employer to reclaim their contribution.

whooshbangprettycolours Fri 05-Dec-14 21:54:36

Aviva, as good as anyone. I don't think you'll have enough in there to make advice worthwhile. Ask what the minimum 'clean' charges contract is. 0.8% for a small pot is achievable, try Scottish widows if you want an option.

Guyropes Thu 11-Dec-14 10:43:14

Thanks whoosh... I'll phone them tomorrow

Guyropes Thu 11-Dec-14 10:44:02

Meant to post that last night! Going to phone now.

whooshbangprettycolours Fri 12-Dec-14 10:36:07

Good, get it sorted!

Guyropes Fri 12-Dec-14 12:47:37

Whoosh bang, thanks so much for your post, it really helped. I am in the process of sorting it out, and have posted off my transfer form. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now