Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

CSA took thousands out of my bank account

(12 Posts)
nellener Sat 22-Nov-14 07:08:51

After 10 years of trauma, living in my car, having two ex's who have reflective personalities, but always having clean polite children, the CSA have finally broken me. They have taken every penny I have and more out of my bank, apparently even if I didn't have the funds in there they have the authority to make me overdrawn. Apparently they are part of the government so can take my funds. Well the lady in the CSA who phoned me saying it was urgent, will think again, urgent is when people are dying or dead, i've had those calls. My letter to her will haunt her. I am fed up with people saying that it is only money. I don't eat, I dont have the heating on. I dont have a life.

sandgrown Sat 22-Nov-14 07:17:00

The CSA only makes a deduction order if someone has persistently failed to pay but clearly has available funds in their bank account . If you genuinely believe there has been an error you need to speak to them reasonably not threaten a member of staff. Go to CAB and get some advice.

LadySybilLikesCake Sat 22-Nov-14 07:22:45

I'm with sandgrown. Go to the CAB and take the letters/your accounts with you. It does look as though you've failed to pay, do you expect children to survive on thin air? Your post is very 'woe is me', and you have failed to mention your children anywhere, nor the effect that your non payment has had on them. Are you working?

lunar1 Sat 22-Nov-14 07:24:34

How many children do you have?

CaptainAnkles Sat 22-Nov-14 07:25:52

I do feel for you, but like the previous posters have said, the money is taken because you owe it. They are only supposed to take what you can afford to pay. The calculations are done to enable you to still have enough to live on but to provide for your children. It should never be the case that you end up living in your car because they've taken so much you lose your house.

SolomanDaisy Sat 22-Nov-14 07:27:50

Why don't you eat or have the heating on if you have thousands in the bank? Why haven't you been paying maintenance? If you have actually sent a threatening letter to a member if CSA staff then I don't think things are about to get any better for you.

flanjabelle Sat 22-Nov-14 07:31:59

Unless it's a mistake and you don't owe any money for child maintainence, I find your attitude disgusting. If you have children you should pay for them. It shouldn't have come to the point where the csa were forced to take money from your account. If you had paid by choice you wouldn't have been in this situation. If you don't want to pay for children, don't have them.

Grumpyoldblonde Sat 22-Nov-14 17:34:10

You don't eat or have the heating on, yet they took "thousands" from your bank - you sound unhinged.
Your letter will haunt her? do you plan to harm yourself then? if so you need urgent help, please seek it.

Catsarebastards Sat 22-Nov-14 17:41:07

What is a reflective personality? confused

And what they^ said.

They wont have taken it if you didnt owe it. Your children need to eat whether you live in a car/ have heating or not.

Pastperfect Sat 22-Nov-14 17:46:32

If you're thinking of harming yourself please don't. Call the Samaritans even if you really don't have enough money to feed yourself yet gave thousands available for confiscation

awkwardaardvark Sat 22-Nov-14 17:53:44

Did you owe child support payments?

SoonToBeSix Sat 29-Nov-14 12:14:33

Are you in the UK?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now