Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

argh feel sick at the interest

(6 Posts)
BloodyDogHairs Fri 14-Nov-14 10:11:46

I was charged on my credit card sad

I had a balance of £6000 on a zero percent card but I forgot that the offer was ending this month. I got charged £80 in interest!

The best offer I have now is 10.7% with MBNA and I know the minute I transfer the money Barclay card will offer me 0% again so more bloody fees to keep changing cards sad.

I really need to sit down and go thru my outgoings and incomings to get this debt cleared. Its the only debt I have.

specialsubject Fri 14-Nov-14 11:49:40

inertia is one of the greatest money-makers around.

not to worry, you caught it before it got worse. But you need to a) shift it quickly and b) work on clearing the debt.

we all like helping with sorting this so if you want to post more detail, bring it on!

TalkinPeace Sat 15-Nov-14 16:44:29

How much can you afford to pay per month - set up a standing order for that while you look for another card.
Check your numbers in my credit card spreadsheet - the thread is on the board somewhere, or at the top of the big debt thread.
THen come and join the gang on the big thread for ideas and support on getting rid of that millstone.

Flown2304 Tue 18-Nov-14 22:10:57

Would probably be cheaper to take out a bank loan to clear the debt off the credit card.

TalkinPeace Wed 19-Nov-14 11:43:35

probably not : because of set up fees and the fact that the loan will be over a longer period.
THe standing order trick clears a credit card in two years so long as you stop spending on it

BloodyDogHairs Wed 19-Nov-14 11:47:59

sorry I never replied back sooner, I've transferred the debt to a credit card with another offer. I also cut out the chip of the cards so I can't spend and I plan on setting up a standing order each week I just haven't got round to it yet.

I did consider a loan but after I get xmas over with I can make bigger payments to reduce the debt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now