Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Which online providers can you have multiple savings accounts with?

(5 Posts)
Jemster Thu 13-Nov-14 19:33:32

I used to have five accounts with ING which I put money into monthly for different things. It worked well as I forgot about the money and it required some effort to dig out my password etc and log in to make transfers.
Now they have all been transferred to Barclays who I already have accounts with so they appear on my online banking app. It is far too easy to see the various savings 'pots' and if I'm running low in one area it takes seconds to transfer money between accounts. I am not disciplined enough to have it all under one bank.

Does anyone know which other banks/providers will let you set up several savings accounts to basically operate an online 'envelope' system?

trixymalixy Thu 13-Nov-14 21:48:10

ooh, i want to know this too. the halifax used to let you do this and name them e.g. holiday, but they dont anymore

Jemster Thu 13-Nov-14 21:50:45

I've spent all evening looking online but am just confused by all the options! Really annoying that ING moved to Barclays as that used to work really well for me.

trixymalixy Thu 13-Nov-14 21:55:41

First direct used to do it too, but think they stopped too.

TalkinPeace Sat 15-Nov-14 17:29:34

spreadsheets are cheaper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now