Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Aviva v L&G critical Illness

(5 Posts)
Gen35 Wed 12-Nov-14 16:35:06

I've been shopping around our critical illness cover and both aviva and legal and General claimed to have the most conditions covered for critical illness but couldn't get specifics on the differences - anybody looked into this recently?

Vinomcstephens Wed 12-Nov-14 23:18:09

If you google each of their Key Facts Brochures (sorry, no idea how to link) it'll bring up the details you're looking for. At a quick glance, Aviva cover 55 specified critical illnesses and L&G cover 41. I'm a financial adviser and have used each company many times - Aviva, L&G and Scottish Widows are amongst the best available in my opinion so you wouldn't go far wrong using either that you've been looking at smile

Preciousbane Thu 13-Nov-14 09:01:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gen35 Thu 13-Nov-14 09:15:59

We've got two other life insurance plans, one work policy and the other L and G, so life insurance wise we're well set. thanks I'll check the key facts - that's a big discrepancy.

Gen35 Thu 13-Nov-14 09:18:41

Yes I reckon as we don't have anything yet it's worth getting while we have small dc and not much in savings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now