Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity Allowance

(13 Posts)
Cherrypi Sat 01-Nov-14 08:02:09

Has anyone applied for this recently? How long till you heard back? I've had my documents returned but do you get a letter to confirm or do you just get money in your account? Thanks.

excitedforbaba Sat 01-Nov-14 08:06:13

Hi
I got mine sorted pretty quickly.
the only hold up was waiting on my work to sign a piece of paper to say I had not earned enough to qualify for SMP

Work faffed about so I sent of payslips gor the qualifying period directly and had a letter within a week to say what in was entitled to and what day of the week I would receive money in my bank!

Cherrypi Sat 01-Nov-14 08:08:47

Oh dear sent mine off two weeks ago. They'd tell me if I didn't qualify wouldn't they?

excitedforbaba Sat 01-Nov-14 08:13:21

From the initial sending it off it would have been more than 2 weeks the hold up was due to works poor admin skills hmm

I found them very helpful over the phone as I knew work would be slow to send them the relevant info. Give them a call and just ask them if you need to provide any further information.

Cherrypi Sat 01-Nov-14 09:11:46

Thanks.

QuietTiger Sat 01-Nov-14 14:35:08

I've just started getting MA. IIRC, I sent off the forms on the 16th September and finally got told I was getting it on 21st October, so 5 weeks. When I rang to chase it up, they said that they tried to do everything in 2 weeks usually, but were running behind by about 3 weeks!

They've always been really helpful on the phone, so give them a call.

Cherrypi Sat 01-Nov-14 17:20:39

Ah no need to panic yet then. I'll ring them on Monday.

excitedforbaba Mon 03-Nov-14 15:54:49

Did you get sorted cherrypie?

Cherrypi Mon 03-Nov-14 16:54:42

They haven't processed my application yet. Be another week approximately.

excitedforbaba Mon 03-Nov-14 17:09:06

At Least you have a time frame for letting you know, once it's through it can apparently be in your bank within 5 working days depending on the day they set u!

Cherrypi Mon 03-Nov-14 17:25:32

Yes. Not due to get any money till end of November so satisfied really.

excitedforbaba Mon 03-Nov-14 18:10:18

That's good hopefully all will be sorted and through well on time for u!

AnotherGirlsParadise Mon 03-Nov-14 18:26:03

Mine took 5 weeks to process - it can take a while, so try not to worry. Just think of the lovely big back payment! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now