Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PPI questions

(6 Posts)
foreverdieting Wed 29-Oct-14 11:15:50

Hi

What chance have I got of claiming ppi with credit cards/loans over 6 years ago that were in my maiden name when I lived at a different address?

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

ovaryhill Wed 29-Oct-14 12:31:14

Go into your local CAB they are brilliant with stuff like that and do thekletters for you if you want
Alternatively go on Martin Lewis site and ask advice there is usually someone who can talk you through exactly what to do

TalkinPeace Wed 29-Oct-14 16:51:38

if you know who they were with, go for it
maiden name / married name is a red herring folks like me use both

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 29-Oct-14 18:13:04

You have every chance and let me just say - do not use a claims company!

foreverdieting Thu 30-Oct-14 19:01:27

Thanks. I literally have no information other than I remember having an Egg loan and a Mint credit card but I think they were paid off around 8 years ago.

Grumpyoldblonde Fri 31-Oct-14 14:02:53

Just google both companies for up to date addresses - Egg has a link (Canada Square) not sure about mint. Look at MSE - there is a wealth of info about PPI reclaiming and lists of addresses - see the dedicated PPI reclaiming board. Don't forget it may not have been mis-sold - not necessarily a bad product in itself - I got 15k back through genuine misspelling though and did it just by writing letters and using the email links through the banks web sites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now