Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much does conveyancing cost?

(6 Posts)
merrilywego Wed 15-Oct-14 20:07:35

Hi, we've just accepted an offer on our house and are aiming for a quick exchange as there's no chain. Can anyone give me a rough idea of conveyancing costs? It's just for the sale of our house as we're not buying anywhere, and we're based in the SE if that makes any difference. Thanks

toomuchcoffeetoomuchwine Thu 16-Oct-14 07:50:47

You do not say where you are based. I recently was quoted around £1,600 inc vat by a London suburb-based conveyancer. If you use a city firm you will pay more. If you are non-London you can expect to pay less. If you are lucky enough to stumble on someone good who does it from home it could be far far less.

hanette Thu 16-Oct-14 10:56:00

Hi - I just moved and cost including searches but not land registry fees was £1200 for the sale of old house and £1950 for the purchase of new one. Third time I have used the same firm as they were fantastic

specialsubject Thu 16-Oct-14 13:59:36

roughly how much is it selling for?

Cookylorry Thu 27-Nov-14 11:46:41

I recently bought a house in Luton for £210,000, I was quoted £529 and unlike the last time I bought, that's what I paid. Thought it was a pretty good price; I had regular contact with Sally-Ann, the solicitor, who seemed to handle it all very well - she's with www.samconveyancing.co.uk out of interest.

The thing that really ground my gears was paying the stampd duty - £2,100 - what's that all about then?! Hope that's helpful, merrilywego!

Happytohelpyou Thu 27-Nov-14 12:31:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now