Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

CSA payments

(12 Posts)
Singledad1980 Fri 08-Aug-14 22:03:35

Hi all,
I'm a single dad and have custody of my 2 children. Hope you don't mind me joining mums net but I'm in need of help wrt maintenance payments from my ex and hope someone here can help! She works for her new partner and his company and claims to the CSA that she only makes £128 per week of which I'm entitled to £9 per week. She drives a new sports car and has been on 3 holidays this year ( 1 with the kids) I know for a fact that she gets £500 a week but can't prove it to CSA. As it's his company he will probably only be putting £128 into her account and paying the rest cash! How do I prove this to the CSA? I have high childcare costs over the summer and don't receive tax credits, I don't want much from her but she won't even pay for school uniforms etc. I've had my CSA claim in since January and still not had a penny. Anyone any ideas?

SoonToBeSix Fri 08-Aug-14 22:07:28

No but bumping for you, that's a crap situation she should want to provide for her dc. And you are very welcome on mumsnet.

Singledad1980 Fri 08-Aug-14 22:16:04

Thank you :-). What does doc stand for?

Singledad1980 Fri 08-Aug-14 22:16:39

Sorry dc, phone changed it to doc!

ThePrisonerOfAzkaban Fri 08-Aug-14 22:18:14

You may well still be able to claim the child care costs, as they will work it out over a year not just the 6 weeks over the summer holiday, I take it you use them during half terms as well? As long as they are registered. Worth re checking, you may not be but got a few friends who do this and aren't entitled to the working paet

Singledad1980 Fri 08-Aug-14 22:23:08

My step daughter (ex's daughter) decided to stay with me after the separation and I got a wee bit of tax credits but she moved out a couple of months ago (she is 17 now) and my tax credits stopped completely. Put in an appeal but to no avail. My income exceeds the threshold for 2 children, they don't take into account the FMH mortgage that I took on and other household bills etc!

ThePrisonerOfAzkaban Fri 08-Aug-14 22:38:43

It's a pain when your just on the threshold, we are over by £500. Keep on chasing csa, don't know what else to add sorry.

tintingirl Fri 08-Aug-14 22:46:10

Hi, there is a thread here which might help:

"If you believe your ex partner is diverting income, you can apply for a variation. Please be aware though that you will need to provide proof that their lifestyle is inconsistent with their salary. You can also contact the Inland Revenue if you suspect tax evasion." < quoted from that thread


SoonToBeSix Fri 08-Aug-14 22:48:55

Dc is mumsnet shorthand for dear/darling children or dd daughter ds son .

Singledad1980 Fri 08-Aug-14 22:56:37

Thanks for the advice all, will look at that thread tintin, thanks for the acronym explanation soontobesix, had me confused! Don't want much from her, just a fair amount to help out. I struggle to pay for the swimming lessons, dancing, rainbows, school lunches, uniforms etc all by myself. She buys them all the cool stuff like iPads etc. she doesn't even turn up half the time and I have to leave work to collect them from school. Sorry, having a moan now. Thank you all again :-)

ConfusionAndDelay Sat 09-Aug-14 07:19:00

She sounds like a prize idiot! Apply for a variation as above. It will be hard work, likely to take ages and require letter after letter, phone calls, demanding to speak to managers etc but once it is proven and accepted they will back date the arrears and she will be forced to pay them!

I would advise you to write to your MP who will then write to the Csa on your behalf. Your ex is playing the system in order to avoid her responsibilities. Disgusting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now