Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What is the maximum income for a two parent two child family to get child or working tax credits?

(10 Posts)
AntoinetteCosway Thu 27-Mar-14 16:31:18

I've put our details into the various benefits checkers and we don't qualify but things are very tight. I was wondering how far over the upper income limit we are.

AntoinetteCosway Thu 27-Mar-14 16:32:09

(Not sure if it matters, but DH is employed full time and I'm self employed part time (approx 20 hours per week). DD goes to nursery one day a week.)

Dillydollydaydream Thu 27-Mar-14 16:36:37

Have you tried tinkering with the calculator on the family nest website?

family nest

Hope this works!

AntoinetteCosway Thu 27-Mar-14 17:00:57

I hadn't seen that one-thanks, that's really helpful!

Dillydollydaydream Thu 27-Mar-14 17:15:42

I'm not sure how accurate but I used it when I was pregnant to get an idea how much tax credits we might be eligible for as we weren't eligible until dd2 was born. It was pretty accurate for us.

AntoinetteCosway Thu 27-Mar-14 17:50:04

According to it, if DH's salary was about £7k lower and I didn't earn anything at all, we'd be about £5k a year better off. Bugger!!

AntoinetteCosway Thu 27-Mar-14 17:52:53

Do you know what, that's bollocks-don't know what I did wrong but it's definitely not true-just checked again!

Grumbliest Thu 27-Mar-14 17:55:05

It's 33k, for two parents, two kids but no child are..there's an entitlement table on the hmrc website

Grumbliest Thu 27-Mar-14 17:55:49

Sory meant to write no childcare

AntoinetteCosway Thu 27-Mar-14 19:47:21

I'll try and find the table-thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now