Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Changing mixed currency back to pounds

(3 Posts)
FlyLikeABird Thu 13-Mar-14 14:54:15

I've Googled but can't come up with an answer to help.

DH has lots or mixed currency, mostly euros but a few other types, in notes and coins.

Is there a simple way to get this back into pounds sterling? Even if it was only worth £50 it would be better than it just sat around in a carrier bag.

I'm trying to seriously declutter and can't wait any longer for DH to sort it out smile

specialsubject Thu 13-Mar-14 16:26:33

coins can't be changed anywhere, either keep them for next trip, find someone who is going that way or give to charity.

how much do you have in notes? Less than £50 in a mix of currencies and you will have almost nothing after exchange fees. So the above applies too.

if it is the pre-Euro currencies then they are completely worthless now.

FlyLikeABird Thu 13-Mar-14 19:08:41

Thanks for the info, I'm not a traveller and have no clue about these things.

I'll have to have a closer look and perhaps give the Euros to BIL and SIL, they're always going away. Not likely that we'll be travelling in the next year sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now