Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

csa more money

(8 Posts)
rach2713 Mon 10-Mar-14 23:11:11

I have been thinking bout it but not sure where I stand I have a 7 year old son and his so called dad pays csa . For the 1st 2 to 3 years he didn't pay a penny for him until csa get involved my question is can I ask for the payments to go up cuz the money I get doesn't go far now he's getting older he wants to do after school clubs which is expensive he's big for his age never stops eattin so to speak and wants pocket money

LunchLadyWannabe Tue 11-Mar-14 10:35:41

Csa is calculated on the fathers wage. It will be 15% of his net income.

If the father lives with another child (even if the child is not his) then you will get a reduced amount as the child he lives with is taken into account.

The csa money you get or will get covers everything. You wont be entitled to anymore money from him other than the 15% of his net income.

rach2713 Tue 11-Mar-14 10:59:41

I didn't think they take other children in to consideration any more I kno they use to but think that stopped did it not

UriGeller Tue 11-Mar-14 11:21:11

Yes they take other children into account. Can you ask your child's dad directly to see if he's able to contribute to school trips when they come up?

Otherwise, you're in the same position as parents who are together who can't afford school extras I'm afraid.

rach2713 Tue 11-Mar-14 14:01:43

No we have no contact what so ever only through the csa

timefliesby Tue 11-Mar-14 18:00:31

Hi,
I wrote about this over on this thread http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/1782403-CSA-taking-on-self-employed-own-company-non-resident-parent

I agree it is a very basic way to calculate maintenance.

To get it changed you would need to lobby your MP and get lots of people on your side.

I'd be with you :-)

timefliesby Tue 11-Mar-14 18:00:48

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/1782403-CSA-taking-on-self-employed-own-company-non-resident-parent

The link again...

rach2713 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:30:32

Hi thank you for your reply timefliesby your right as the kid gets older they should go by what they need they dont get cheaper and I think it's wrong that they take other kids in to account that ain't even ex partners

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now