Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child support agency seem unwilling to apply for DEO

(3 Posts)
lottieandmia Fri 07-Mar-14 12:52:20

I've had a case open for ages for my nearly 5 year old dd. Her father is living and working in Manchester. The CSA did a calculation well over a month ago which they sent to me. Throughout the case the non resident parent has been totally non compliant. He has threatened me and tried saying dd is not his child. I agreed with the CSA for her to have a DNA test and he refused to have one.

The CSA said that he would have 2 weeks to get in contact after the calculation or they would set a DEO at 40% of wages because there are arrears on the case now. That was 5 weeks ago and they are still giving him endless chances to get in contact, calling him and when he says he can't talk right now, arranging to call him again.

Why is he being given all these chances to comply when he has made it clear that he doesn't want to and has no intention of doing so? Is there anything else that I can do at this stage? Every time I try to point out to them that he has been given more than enough opportunity, they don't seem to hear. Is this usual?

lottieandmia Fri 07-Mar-14 12:53:36

Oh And I would be quite happy for him to pay the calculation only and not 40% iyswim. Even if he is paying something that would help us!

lottieandmia Fri 07-Mar-14 20:43:45

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now