Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

JSA Nightmare

(2 Posts)
meerkatdotcom Tue 25-Feb-14 13:29:01

Hi, bit of a long one ...

I was claiming JSA, before Christmas, as had finally whittled the savings down to a level where I was apparently eligible for JSA; claimed jsa, told them about the spousal maintenance, etc, and got it without any problems. I then got some temp work (oh frabjous frabjous day) for four weeks, didn't get paid enough to take me back through the threshold so decided to re-apply, which I did.

THIS TIME, I have been told I receive too much spousal support (it hasn't changed) so I am receiving nada, zip, bupkis ... you get the picture. I was under the impression that spousal support did not factor in to the calculations ..... HELP!!!

RubySparks Sun 02-Mar-14 07:43:31

There are two kinds of jsa - contribution based, so if you have been working and contributed enough national insurance, you qualify - and income based jsa, so that would look at household income which might be too high for you to qualify?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now