Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

UK- England- losing m

(5 Posts)
Kimm2013 Sun 23-Feb-14 20:57:43

P/T.,Teaching assistant
Help, anyone? Losing money again!!
What's the point working??

Woman's world, please tell me it gets better!!!

I feel am losing my identity. I have 3 children aged 1, 2, and 5. Went to university, got my HND. Before children, fell pregnant while doing my foundation degree in special needs. So could not finish.

So, am just bring in £650 a month. Can't claim because my husband earns too much. I payout £329 for a loan. So what's left???

Feel, as if I am being punished because I had children. As much as I love them! There, seems to be no financial support for me. I hate depending on my husband.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 23-Feb-14 21:39:23

Children are pretty costly and we either have to make sacrifices or opt for fewer children. You're not being punished. You have three DCs, a DH on good money, a PT job and a good education. Many have none of those things.

Rockchick1984 Sun 23-Feb-14 21:39:28

Go full time if you want to earn more - surely they are your husband's children too, why should you be the one whose career suffers if you don't want it to?

Kimm2013 Sun 23-Feb-14 21:44:59

Thankyou both!
You have made good points.
Good nite, I shall sleep better tonight.

TalkinPeace Sun 23-Feb-14 22:01:07

can't claim what?
and why is it entirely your responsibility to cover the costs of the kids?
and is he claiming for your childcare vouchers?

you are not "depending on your husband"
you are working as a team while the kids are small
they will grow up all too fast

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now