Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just wondering how much tax credits you get if you are earning around �25k

(4 Posts)
positively9something Tue 18-Feb-14 22:24:05

I am considering working full time and I have been offered �25,000 per year, I was just wondering as a single parent how much tax credits I am likely to recieve? I will be paying around �50 per week for childcare during the school weeks.

Any idea how much I could recieve?

I have looked on the tax creidts calculator but it asks what my earnings were for the tax year of 2012-2013, but my earnings in future which will be much more so I can't see how that is going to calculate it.

riksti Wed 19-Feb-14 08:43:00

You can just put £25k in the calculator and it should give the approximate figure. Ongoing tax credits are normally calculated on previous year's earnings, that's why it's asking for 12/13 figures. But the final entitlement is recalculated based on current year's figures after the year end anyway so the outcome would be the same overall.

Mumof3xx Wed 19-Feb-14 08:47:14

Last year we earnt 27grand and it worked out at this year gettin around £10 off a £125 per week childcare bill

This year however due to mat leave and a decrease in hours we actually come out with about 23 grand

I have been getting £114 off a £210 childcare bill

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 19-Feb-14 08:49:02

About £300

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now