Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Mortgage/joint account creditscores

(5 Posts)
IdRatherPlayHereWithAllTheMadM Sun 16-Feb-14 10:44:21

Not posted here before in this part!

I want to go on the mortgage and become joint tenants ( maybe i don't have to go on mortgage for that) and get joint account with husband, i used to have dodgy credit rating.My dh had a look at one of the experian things and the bad debt seems to have been removed,and he said my CR is looking OK.

I saw martin lewis on this morning saying, if you have bad record do not infect your partner.

its chicken before egg situation.

what I would like to happen is, would be for me to apply to go on his account and ask them to tell me if my CR looks bad to them and will affect his...and therefore not go through with it,...rather than ask to go on, be put on and then drag him down, if indeed that would be the case....same with mortgage, its already been fixed a few years ago ...can I go onto it now? Iwant to be on a more secure footing with the house.

I feel very vulnerable at the moment

Mum2Fergus Sun 16-Feb-14 14:24:53

As far as I am aware, you will be credit scored before you will be allowed to make it a joint mortgage...so if it's poor,the request may be declined. Can you go on Check My File or something like that to see what your current rating is?

IdRatherPlayHereWithAllTheMadM Sun 16-Feb-14 16:12:08

ThanksMumto.

this..is the sort of thing i was hoping someone would tell me...what my rating is or how to findout....as far as I am aware lender have different critesa

Mum2Fergus Sun 16-Feb-14 16:28:20

Indeed,each lender has different criteria...so what might be accepted by one, may not be accepted by another.

Check My File will let you see Equifax, Experian and CallCredit ratings, they are the 3 most used in UK I believe. You can register and get 30 days free access, just remember to cancel before free trial is up...

43percentburnt Sun 23-Feb-14 12:41:06

Your score on the credit reference agencies mean very little, each lender uses their own scoring system. Use an experienced mortgage broker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now