Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tell me how it is.

(4 Posts)
MrsPeeWee Sat 15-Feb-14 10:43:45

We are struggling massively financially. We have numerous debts, have taken out pay day loans, that we cannot afford to pay back, have utility bills from our last house that we're struggling to pay. Then we have a car on our drive worth around £1,500 that we don't use because we can't afford to put it back on the Rd. So tell me honestly, should we sell the car in order to pay off a few of our debts?

Thanks.

LIZS Sat 15-Feb-14 10:48:27

of course you should and speak to a debt charity to get on a better financial footing generally.

Hassled Sat 15-Feb-14 10:51:11

Yes, sell the car and talk to reputable debt management people.

Don't panic about it - you need to prioritise your debts, and there's help there, and there's help with freezing interest as well.

TalkinPeace Sat 15-Feb-14 15:02:08

Yup, sell teh car and then come and join the "in debt" thread as its a really supportive place full of good ideas

and have a look at my spreadsheets thread as then you can start seeing the wood for the trees

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now