Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Wills

(7 Posts)
BeckyS321 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:38:51

Can anyone advise what they would do if they are in a step family about wills?

DH and I have been married 3 years and have a dd together and ds is due in July. DH has 2 DSs from his first marriage and I have a dd from my first. We really need to write a will to make sure that we are each taken care of (both have decent pensions/insurance and have a reasonable amount of equiity in the house and I also still own my flat which I rent out).

We have no clue where to start on what we should do.

wwyd?

BeckyS321 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:40:06

Can anyone advise what they would do if they are in a step family about wills?

DH and I have been married 3 years and have a dd together and ds is due in July. DH has 2 DSs from his first marriage and I have a dd from my first. We really need to write a will to make sure that we are each taken care of (both have decent pensions/insurance and have a reasonable amount of equiity in the house and I also still own my flat which I rent out).

We have no clue where to start on what we should do.

wwyd? (have also posted in Money before I realised there was a legal section!)

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 14-Feb-14 09:45:00

See a solicitor. Your situation is far from unique and there are ways to phrase a will that make sure all your requirements are met and that all your various dependents are treated fairly.

BeckyS321 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:15:52

Any idea what though? Also would it cost a fortune to have a will drawn up which covers all bases?

BeckyS321 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:37:40

Can anyone recommend a solicitor or will writer? We're in Manchester.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 14-Feb-14 10:55:10

You can find local solicitors via the Law Society website or you could ask around friends and family and get a recommendation. Costs are going to vary according to complexity.

PestoStormissimos Fri 14-Feb-14 11:00:55

There's a MNer on here with her own will writing business, MumbleChum I think. Try doing a search in the Legal matters topic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now