Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Credit Card

(5 Posts)
Frozennortherner Wed 05-Feb-14 06:30:45

Might seem a silly question but... Do banks happily give you a credit card under the following conditions:

1. I only work p/t and for 24 weeks of the year (last year I earned about £15k) but it's not permanent guarranteed work.

2. I already have a joint Credit Card with dh but I want my own. Any cc bills are settled in full in one go when they arrive on the mat.

3. If it looks like I can, what do the cc companies ask for. Not sure I can provide 3 months statements of earnings as the work is intermittent.

4. Which banks are best re cc cards.

Thanks in advance

Bluecarrot Wed 05-Feb-14 06:36:41

Have you checked your credit score? Its a reasonable indicator. Try noodle AND experian. You used to be able to get cashback for checking experian - I'm on phone do can't check if you still do but check topcashback and sign up for free trial (30 days)

Bluecarrot Wed 05-Feb-14 06:40:18

You won't need statements. At least I haven't had to.

Re best ones, it depends what its for. Will you spend often in it? Or do you need 0% interest for longish term? Do you go abroad often?

I use my tesco cc and collect points. I also have a Halifax clarity that's great for using abroad plus it pays me £5 every month I spend over £300 on it.

poopooheadwillyfatface Wed 05-Feb-14 06:40:49

my bank gave me a credit card when I was a SAHM shock
My 'income' was purely the money transferred each month from DH. I had a fab credit history though and it was my own bank.

Ememem84 Wed 05-Feb-14 06:43:23

HSBC are offering 0% for the first 3 months (I think) for new customers only.
Or they were a couple of weeks ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: