Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I'm looking for some benefit advice please

(5 Posts)
chopin33 Sat 18-Jan-14 10:07:23

Hi just seeking some advice I am 45 and live with my dh who is 67 we have two kids 8 and 5. My dh is currently working but is due to finish due to his age in the near future. I was working in a very p/t role until about 18 months ago been job hunting since but no luck. My dh gets an occ pension of roughly 380 a month and 510 state pension. We also get child tax credit and child benefit. We have started up a catering business and have got some boiokings for this year but obviously itwill be a while before it shows a profit. I own own house and have no housing costs but do pay council tax. I am trying to work out what we will be entitled to once dh stops work I went on a calculator the other day which said the tax credit will go up and also that I would be entitled to contribution bases jobseekers does that sound right? TIA

lougle Sat 18-Jan-14 10:09:53

I'm on my phone, not at home, but I'd be surprised if you get JSA because your contributions won't be high enough - they base it on the past 3 years.

chopin33 Sat 18-Jan-14 10:51:39

Thanks lougle

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 18-Jan-14 11:01:57

Was the calculator you used the benefits checker at

chopin33 Sat 18-Jan-14 11:29:07

Yes and I also looked at one on the universal jobmatch site

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now