Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Advice needed Regarding buying a home together and benefits

(4 Posts)
Perriwinkle9991 Sun 12-Jan-14 08:58:47

Hi all..

Me and my partner. We split up about a year ago.. Resolved our differences anyways and are still living seperatley. However were wanting to buy a house soon to save money on both ends. We're going to buy one that needs work so wouldn't be able to move in straight away. We will still be living apart until completion them will be moving in together. When would I have to notify tax credits about this... As soon as when we purchase a property or not until we actually live together? Thanks.

WhenWhyWhere Sun 12-Jan-14 09:17:52

Why dont you just ask your local council. Get the answer in writing or get them to record it on your notes then you will have nothing to worry about

Perriwinkle9991 Sun 12-Jan-14 12:11:52

Because I don't get housing benefit so the council wouldn't be much help I guess.

WhenWhyWhere Sun 12-Jan-14 12:20:36

OOps, sorry, I meant try the CAB DETAILS HERE or call the Working Tax Helpline on 0345 300 3900.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now