Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Income support advice

(2 Posts)
mummy2two1979 Sat 11-Jan-14 21:25:04

Hi all,
need some advice please. I am a single mum with two children.
I have been claiming income support, I have just received a letter for a work focused interview. My son will turn 5 this year, I understand that IS stops when your child turns 5 but I also have a 2 year old, will IS not continue, Sorry for the long post ... Also if it does stop is it an automatic transfer to JSA, Thanks.

Babyroobs Sun 12-Jan-14 08:35:49

It will carry on until your youngest turns 5. When that child turns 5 you will need to apply for JSA it isn't an automatic transfer. I think they start these work focused interviews when your youngest is coming up to 3 to start to look at what you can do to prepare you to get back to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now