Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

tax help needed - undeclared earnings

(5 Posts)
balloongoespop Wed 08-Jan-14 19:40:37

I would appreciate some helpful tax advice.

I had very part-time extra job. I have not declared my earnings yet (I didn't know that they were going to pay me like this). I need to declare it now. I earned about £600 in year 12-13 so I reckon the tax will be about £122? Is there anything else I need to know? Can I do it online? I hate forms so really dreading this.


Mikkii Wed 08-Jan-14 19:44:18

Contact HMRC via the website to advise them that you need to complete a tax return.

Do you have a "Unique taxpayer reference"? You will need this to complete an online return.

I have to do my first tax return online, I am an accountant, but for obvious reasons I don't want to use our office software to complete my own return so my colleagues don't find out what I earn.

balloongoespop Wed 08-Jan-14 19:46:22

Thanks for your reply. I had one years ago when I had to buy tax on a property I let out. Would it be the same one?

balloongoespop Wed 08-Jan-14 19:47:11

pay tax, not buy tax, ha ha!

riksti Wed 08-Jan-14 21:53:09

Yes, your UTR would be the same, unless you've been made bankrupt at at point after receiving the UTR.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now